Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Bing Ads Launches Guided Tours In Web Interface
Dec 18, 2015 by Ginny Marvin
Walk through setting up retargeting lists, automated rules, campaigns settings and more.
- The Search For An Optimal AdWords CPC
Dec 18, 2015 by David Fothergill
Columnist David Fothergill explores the question many a paid search specialist has pondered: What is the ideal bid price?
- Search In Pics: Sundar Pichai In India, Star Wars Google Cardboard & Google Shoe Repair Shop
Dec 18, 2015 by Barry Schwartz
In this week’s Search In Pictures, here are the latest images culled from the web, showing what people eat at the search engine companies, how they play, who they meet, where they speak, what toys they have and more. Sundar Pichai, Google’s CEO In India: Source: Google+ Google Hosts The Santa Clara University Men’s Basketball […]
- Facebook Launches Events Discovery To Help iOS Users Find Nearby Events
Dec 17, 2015 by Martin Beck
The new mobile feature, available for people in 10 major US cities, is the leading edge of Facebook’s effort to improve the Events product.
- Modern Marketing Essentials Guide To Mobile Marketing
Dec 17, 2015 by Digital Marketing Depot
Practically the entire world has a mobile phone, and a whole bunch of them are smartphones. Obviously, that is not breaking news. We all know that every single day, more and more people turn to their smartphones or tablets to do nearly everything they can do on a computer. There is no shortage of statistics […]
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Amazon Is Reportedly Looking To Launch Its Own Air-Cargo Business
- Scan Your Landing Pages With AdWords Scripts
- An In-Depth Look At Image Optimization: Fact And Future
- Grabbing Those Last-Minute Holiday Sales With Search
- Mobile Brings A-Game To Brick-And-Mortar Retail Holiday Push
- Marketing Land Quiz: Do You Know The Latest Facebook, Pinterest & WordPress Updates?
- Coming In 2016: Revenge Of The Demand Marketers
- Death Of The Salesman? And What Would That Mean For Marketers?
- MarTech Today: HTTPS Goes First, Buffer Adds Respond.ly & Google My Business API
- Top 10 Video Creators in November: The Ellen Show Jumps From No. 5 To No. 1
- Marketer’s Guide: Paid Media Campaign Management Platforms
Search News From Around The Web:
- Google funded US congress members enlisted to fight search giant’s EU monopoly case, ibtimes.co.uk
- Yelp, OpenTable part ways amid heightened competition, Reuters
Local & Maps
- Code the Road Europe Recap: Our first stop in Tel Aviv, Google Geo Developers Blog
- Video Deep Dive: Google Knowledge Panel, Local Marries Search & Divorces Plus & Owning Your Web Equity – Local University, localu.org
- How to Evaluate Whether a Link is Worth Your Time, SEMrush Blog
- What do security certificates actually do?, DuckDuckGo Blog
- Google Still Working On Fixing OK Google With ‘Personal Results’ Or ‘Trusted Voice’ On, Search Engine Roundtable
- 5 Things Improv (Of All Things!) Can Teach You About SEO, Search Engine People
- Google Hangout On Google Mobile, AMP & App-Indexing, Search Engine Roundtable
- How to Audit a Site for Structured Data Opportunities, Distilled
- Mobile Friendly Study, Forecheck
- Related Search Awakens! Meet the Brain Update!, Rank Ranger
- SEO: Which Pages to Optimize First?, Practical Ecommerce
- What Will SEO Be Like in 2016? Weekly Forum Update, internetmarketingninjas.com
- What You Need to Know About Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMPs) – Whiteboard Friday, moz.com
SEM / Paid Search
- Paid Search Marketing Lessons from 2015: PPC Virtual Conference Recap, BruceClay.com
- Bing Ads for iOS & Android campaign monitoring updates, Bing Ads
- Treat Your Bid Management Like Daily Fantasy, PPC Hero
- Video: Google Search Update, HTTPS Defaults, Top SEO Tips & Holiday Decorations, Search Engine Roundtable
The post SearchCap: Bing Ads Tour, Facebook Event Search & AdWords CPC appeared first on Search Engine Land.